Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tender Graces by Kathryn Magendie

Virginia Kate Carey goes home to the hills of West Virginia after her mother passes away to confront her past. Going through her mother's things brings back memories of her childhood, of the mother who gave her and her two brothers to their father with no qualms and no desire to see them again,who would rather drink than take care of her family, and the secrets every member of the Carey family tried to keep carefully hidden. Is it possible to to confront your past without it consuming you? Virginia Kate is about to find out.

This was an amazing book. I didn't have much hope for it since it was free on the Kindle, I figured that was because it wasn't too great but I was so wrong. Great story about families, siblings, secrets, and betrayal. Deeply moving, a bit supernatural sometimes but not enough to notice, and at times had me shaking my head at the things these characters went through. Virginia Kate and her family will stay with me for quite awhile.

5 stars

No comments: