Monday, July 21, 2008

Salem's Lot by Stephen King

Good, interesting story. Scared the hell out of me at some parts, which is pretty hard to do. I really enjoyed the quiet menace in it. The ending really drug on for me though. The last 100 pages took me way longer than they should have. King gets a little over-wordy sometimes and this was one of them. Also left some unanswered questions. What happened to Fr. Callahan? Did the fire kill them or push them out to another town? I would recommend it though, one of his best. I remember watching this movie with David Soul as Ben when I was a kid, may have to try to find it to watch again now that I read the book...

2 comments:

Darlene said...

This is one of King's novels that has always freaked me out. I haven't read it in a while but I agree, it's one of his best. I did watch the movie recently and it's still as freaky as ever. lol.

Becky LeJeune said...

Father Callahan reappears in the Dark Tower series. I think he first shows up in book 5.