Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston

The true story by author Douglas Preston about a serial killer of lovers in Florence, his investigation into who it may be and much more I can't put without giving anything away. You almost need a scorecard to keep up with everything but it is well worth it. I started this early this am and finished up tonight; I couldn't put it down. It's like trying to find the one armed from The Fugitive to who is Keyser Soze from The Usual Suspects. Deals with murders committed over a span of 20 years, a missing gun, a motive, a corrupt police department, planting evidence, Preston being questioned as a suspect, satanic cults dating back to medieval times, and the ultimate question.....who is the Monster of Florence?

3 comments:

Becky LeJeune said...

I'm glad you reviewed this one! I have been debating about getting it and it sounds fantastic.

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

This sounds amazing. I JUST picked it up from the library last night. I'm goign to bump it up on my reading list!

diamondgirl said...

I qould definitely bump it up on the TBR pile. It was awesome. Let me know what you think when you read it. I read mine on my Kindle, and at the beginning there is a list of all the people discussed with a brief synopsis of how they are involved, so I think if you have the actual book and can flip back, you won't need a scorecard.