Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sweetheart by Chelsea Cain

I can't began to describe how eagerly I was awaiting this book. I absolutely loved Heartsick and couldn't wait to continue reading about the Archie Sheridan/Gretchen Lowell "relationship" for lack of a better word. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Still no real insight into what made Lowell into what she is and how Archie has this sick dependency on her. Read it in one day but wasn't really satisfied. Seemed kind of all over the place, ties in a political scandal, Lowell's escape from prison and is left open for yet another book in the series. I like this Sheridan/Lowell idea because it really reminds be of Clarice Starling/Hannibal Lecter relationship, I just hope Cain doesn't blow it with future endeavors into this series.

1 comment:

Becky LeJeune said...

Hm. I have this on in my stack to read. I had hoped she would explain more about Gretchen as well. Maybe it's just more scary not knowing why she does what she does? It's going to drive me nuts, though!