Friday, October 1, 2010

The Blood Detective by Dan Waddell

When the naked, mutilated body of a man is discovered in a Notting Hill graveyard, the police, led by Detective Chief Inspector Grant Foster are forced to call upon the help of genealogist Nigel Barnes for help. Two more bodies show up, also mutilated, and to solve the case Barnes, along with the help of Detective Superintendent Heather Jenkins, must figure out what the mysterious clue left on the bodies means. Their research brings to light a serial killer from 1897, and the man who was falsely accused and executed for the crimes. As the clock keeps ticking, the police try to stay one step ahead of the killer to prevent another killing, while using the victim's family trees to figure out why they are the chosen victim's and who will be next. History is beginning to repeat itself.

Great book. A true mystery, fast read, likable characters and an interesting take on the thriller genre. Really piqued my interest in genealogy and I am really looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

5 stars

2 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

This is sitting in my TBR pile....I found it at a garage sale and thought it sounded interesting. Your review makes me think I should move it closer to the top....

diamondgirl said...

I just discovered getting books at garage sales. I had never thought to look there before and I am so glad I started. It's a great way to try new authors and not lose a lot of money if you odn't like it. However now I can't stop buying books, but oh well! Hope you like it as much as I did!