Friday, December 18, 2009

Top Ten Books of 2009

Here are my top 10 picks for 2009:

  1. Acid Row by Minnette Walters
  2. Stealing Athena by Karen Essex
  3. Mistress of the Revolution by Catherine Delors
  4. Whiteout by Ken Follett
  5. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  6. The Black Tower by Louis Bayard
  7. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  8. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
  9. Yellow Medicine by Anthony Neil Smith
  10. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

Best Debut - Yellow Medicine by Anthony Neil Smith

Best Series - Charlie Parker books by John Connolly

Best Classic - Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Best Book to Lose Yourself In - The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

Best Nonfiction - The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Biggest Disappointment - Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain

Best Suspense Book - Whiteout by Ken Follett

Best Historical Fiction - Stealing Athena by Karen Essex

Best Vacation Book - The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

Genre I really got into this year after a very long, disappointing hiatus: mystery/thriller/suspense. Every one I had read for a long time was such a disappointment that I stopped reading them, but I read quite a few this year that introduced me to new authors, new series, and got me reading and enjoying the genre again.

3 comments:

Neil said...

Well, how about that? I'm blushing. Thanks so much. Send me an email and I'll send you the sequel to YELLOW MEDICINE, free o' charge.

Merry and Happy to you!

diamondgirl said...

Wow thanks for commenting. I loved Yellow Medicine. I am telling everyone to read it. I think it would make an awesome Tarantino movie as long as they kept to the book :-) How do I email you? This is very nice of you, I can't wait to read the sequel! Thanks again!!!

Karen Essex said...

Hi there! I just stumbled upon this on Christmas morning. What a nice present to wake up to! I'm delighted that you so enjoyed Stealing Athena and flattered to be on your list. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you & yours.

Karen Esssex