Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

When I told my mom I had never read this before she told me I must have been absent that day in school because every one's read this. I would have remembered if we had though, because this has moved in to my top 5 books of all time. I don't even know where to begin. There are so many ways to analyze the story, the characters, the symbolism. There is the loss of innocence, or the fact that no one is born innocent, just ignorant; maybe we are all savages deep down; the religious aspect of an Eden with no Eve. A lot of things I have read have compared Flies to The Catcher in the Rye but I personally don't see how. Rye was nothing compared to this. This was, I am sitting here typing this and I don't even have words to describe it. This will stay with me for a very very long time and is definitely going on my shelf to be read again at another time.
5 stars +++++++++++

No comments: